This series of webinars will present the background for the basis of fatigue design of bridges according to North American codes such as AASHTO LRFD and CAN/CSA-S6-19.
The various topics discussed will include:
WEBINAR-1: FATIGUE THEORY (November 4, 2020)
- Background and problem definition
- Load induced fatigue
- Distortion induced fatigue
- AASHTO LRFD fatigue design approach
- CSA-S6-19 fatigue design approach
WEBINAR-2: MODELING & ANALYSIS (November 11, 2020)
- Beam-element (line) models for simplified analysis
- Refined analysis using parametric modelling
WEBINAR-3: EXAMPLES (November 18, 2020)
- Example 1: Steel I-girder flange design
- Example 2: Steel I-girder shear stud design
- Example 3: Detailing for distortion induced fatigue
If you haven’t already, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter for the latest news & workflows.